Welcome to my favorite section of ShortWhiteCoats.com! The Specialty Spotlights section provides information about each specialty in medicine from the primary source: the specialists themselves. I have interviewed numerous residents, fellows, and attending physicians with a list of questions that touches on the most pertinent information students need when making specialty decisions. Interviews have been conducted with doctors of every specialty from all over the country, see the list below for a small sample:
- Neurology attending from the University of Michigan
- Ophthalmology resident from Johns Hopkins
- Family Medicine resident from a community program in Ohio
- Radiology resident from New York, New York
- Dermatology resident from Detroit, MI
- And many more…
Each specialty page contains surveys completed by doctors that answer two sets of questions: Why should a person choose this specialty, and how to match in this specialty. In addition, I will soon post match results and data for each specialty. Click any specialty below to go to the specialty page.
Internal Medicine/Pediatrics (MedPeds)
Alternatively, you can browse the information for all specialties at the same time.
- Click Here to browse all interviews about choosing a specialty
- Click Here to browse all interviews about how to match well in each specialty
- And Click Here to browse all data regarding matching into each specialty [In Progress]